Many homeowners throughout the Portland metro area are choosing to convert their old oil furnace to gas. Are you one of them? Perhaps you want to rely on a cleaner, more efficient way to heat your home, or save money on your heating bill. Whether you’re ready to convert right now, or are planning to wait until spring, Comfort Connection is ready to help you get started.
Why convert your oil furnace to gas?
- You’ll save money on your heating bills. Oil heat is traditionally more expensive than heating with natural gas, and may even cost you as much as 50% more in heating dollars per year.
- Oil prices can be unpredictable. Over the years, volatility in the oil market can make it difficult for you to budget for your winter heating bills. However, natural gas prices remain stable, and are typically much lower than the price you’ll pay for oil heat.
- Natural gas is a more efficient and convenient way to heat your home. For starters, natural gas is known to be much better for the environment than oil. When it comes to your home, with a gas furnace, you don’t have to fill any tanks, and won’t have to worry about gaps in heating because a tank is low or empty.
Getting started with a gas furnace conversion.
The first thing we’ll do is make sure your home is close to a natural gas line. Then, we will discuss different options, whether you’re interested in a new gas furnace, or a heat pump. We’re a licensed Bryant contractor, and can work with every make or model furnace or heat pump.
We’ll also coordinate with NW Natural gas, as it relates to permits and other specifications. In addition, we’re available to help you track down various incentives and tax credits you may be eligible for thanks to the oil-to-gas conversion.
How to know if an oil-to-gas furnace conversion is right for you?
Here are a few pointers to consider when you’re trying to figure out if now is the right time to convert your Portland-area home from an oil furnace to a gas furnace:
- Is your oil furnace 10 years old or older?
- Do you want to cut down your heating bill?
- Are you looking for a more efficient way to heat your home?
- Are you considering a major home upgrade, and want to revisit the way you heat your home as part of the process?
- Is your old oil furnace ready for a replacement, and you live close to a gas line?
Let’s talk about converting your oil furnace to a new gas furnace.
We’re happy to talk at any time about your furnace, no matter where you are in the planning phase. Reach us through our contact page, or call 503-761-7777.